Featured Job: Senior Project Manager in Seattle
DBI has been retained to help a global firm with a very strong local Seattle office hire a Senior Project Manager. This firm translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Their clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, this firm helps clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
The team members at this firm are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining their team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Senior Project Manager to join their Seattle office. In this position, working with the Managing Principal and the design team, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and administering projects from start to finish.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Present and gain approval of design concepts.
- Manage projects from conception to completion, including work performed by both internal and external resources.
- Establish budget, prepare project schedules and monitor adherence to terms.
- Coordinate project teams’ work to ensure timely and complete submission of documents.
- Manage collections for assigned projects.
- Manage client relationships.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Attract, develop, and manage staff.
Required Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design; equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 10+ years experience producing commercial interior design projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Widespread knowledge of materials, furnishings and construction methods related to interior design.
- Broad knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Proven ability to write and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to solve contract and administration issues within the established design context.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics.
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Intermediate skills using a project management software application, MS Project preferred.
- Proven Revit skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage diverse responsibilities within allotted time and/or budget.
- Proven ability to manage all project phases.
- Intermediate supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising design intent or internal relationships.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and the proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
To learn more about the position and apply, please submit your resume/CV to our team at: jobs[at]dbifirm[dot]com with the subject line: Senior PM in Seattle (727)