17 Feb FEATURED JOB: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Featured Job: Senior Mechanical Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
The question has power; the solution has impact. This is the way forward for DBI’s new client based in Los Angeles. Our client is hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the firm’s Los Angeles office. This candidate will be responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from schematics all the way through construction administration.
Required Work Experience:
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as Discipline Team Leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing project team members within the discipline, including providing quality assurance/quality control reviews.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports. Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Participate in the development of the project cost model and design to it.
- Develop and maintain Mechanical Basis of Design Journal through the life of the project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and licensure highly recommended.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in A/E industry preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines, including demonstrated experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Revit and CADD literate.