08 Apr Project Manager – Corporate Interiors/Los Angeles
Our client in Los Angeles is hiring a Project Manager – Corporate Interiors.
Encouraging. Entrepreneurial. These are the words used to describe our client in Los Angeles. This firm has a remarkable team with leadership that is open, accessible, and fun. This firm has a passion for team members, friends, family, and the community. They blend all of these in a collaborative work approach.
In response to outstanding growth, our client is hiring creative and driven designers to join the firm’s new West Coast office in downtown Los Angeles. This firm is becoming a global presence and a corner stone of that growth is the new Los Angeles-based team.
Our client is hiring for a Project Manager with a positive, collaborative professional personality. This position will support several of the firm’s national clients.
General Duties and Required Work Experience:
- The right candidate must have a broad experience managing corporate workplace and commercial interior projects focused on branded, user-centric experiences
- Manage client, team, and project coordination and communication for a portfolio of projects at a given time
- Advanced technical problem-solving capabilities regarding building construction and technologies, and advanced coordination with consultant disciplines
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are a must
- Manage project finances including fees, contracts and internal and external budgets
- Lead in-house team with preparation of existing conditions site surveys and full entitlements, code, health department, and accessibility reviews
- Demonstrable experience regarding California entitlements, building code, and permitting processes
- Manage design development and construction document packages with project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Successfully navigate hearings with building and zoning officials regarding project approvals, seeing these through to the construction phase services and project close-out.
- A business development mindset is critical as this roll will develop positive and collaborative relationships with existing and new clients in the marketplace
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience, preferably in workplace project design or a related industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture or a related field
- NCIDQ Certification, AIA licensure, or working towards professional credential in the state of California is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite. Some experience with REVIT, Deltek Vision and Newforma would be a plus and useful in this role