18 Jan Job of the Week: Market Lead – Hospitality and Restaurant
Collaboration. Encouraging. Entrepreneurial. These are the words used to describe our client in Boston. This client has a remarkable team with leadership that is open, accessible, and fun. This firm has a passion for team members, friends, family, and the community. They blend all of these in a collaborative work approach.
They are also designing exceptional work. Awarded and recognized in the retail and consumer environments practice, this firm fully understands the branded environment. The right candidate will have the same passions, drive and understanding of the branded environment.
DBI is teaming with this fantastic client to identify and hire a Market Lead candidate to be focused on Hospitality and Restaurant. Our client has developed and expertise in the Hospitality market and is now hiring talent to lead and grow this market.
General Duties and Required Work Experience:
- Management of client, internal and external teams, and project coordination
- Leading communication with high quality thoughtful solutions for multiple fast paced projects at a given time
- Identify and bring to fruition strategic partnerships which enhance the firm’s portfolio of design focused hospitality projects
- Work within the firm’s business plans to develop and secure new client relationships and opportunities and manage relationships with clients
- Maintain an active and visible presence in the design community through participating in industry events and conferences, involvement in professional organizations, and representing the Firm in business development opportunities
- Lead, manage, and mentor design teams
- Manage project finances including fees, contracts and internal and external budgets
- Successfully navigate hearings with building and zoning officials regarding project approvals (locations throughout the United States)
- Advanced technical problem-solving capabilities regarding building construction and technologies, and advanced coordination with consultant disciplines
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work closely with clients while building trust and loyalty and directing the decision-making process related to design
- Knowledge and understanding of the food service industry including merchandising, business strategy, visual presentation, furniture, equipment and millwork; hospitality/amenity space design, optimization of operational efficiency
- Knowledge and insight into dining and hospitality trends in areas such as emerging markets and experiential design
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Architecture Licensure or NCIDQ certification preferred. LEED AP accreditation is a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including recent experience with restaurant and hospitality based projects
- Graphic and verbal presentation skills including hand sketching required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office a must. Experience with Revit and Sketch-Up a plus