DBI is connecting with Healthcare Design CEO candidate in the Southeast. Our client, an outstanding multi-disciplined architecture firm with a strong and growing South East business has retained DBI to find their firm’s new Healthcare Studio Director.This role is responsible for establishing, communicating, and executing a vision for the studio.
Building off the larger firm’s strategic plan, this role is tasked with acting as the CEO of the Healthcare Studio.This includes being responsible for promoting the culture of the firm, managing marketing, business development, project management, and project design processes within the healthcare studio.
This role will serve as the Healthcare Leader across all office locations.
Essential Duties and Experience for Success:
- Proven success in establishing and communicating, and executing a vision for the healthcare segment
- Ensure studio organization, operation, and direction
- Communicate consistently and clearly with studio members and Firm leadership
- Prepare strategic plans for studio success
- Act as a mentor to staff
- Research healthcare market trends and facilitate design meetings with team
- Drive studio design (this role is more about the design and future of the practice, less about the operations)
- Oversee and review studio projects to ensure high quality, innovation, and exemplary design is created as it related to content, client requirements, overall aesthetics, detailing, etc.
- Encourage informal in-house design critiques
- Ensure QA/QC in regard to code review, technical/detailing, specifications, and lessons learned
- Foster an environment of learning, collaboration, innovation, professional development, and communication
- Encourage staff ownership of projects through example, communication, etc.
- Create annual and 5-year goals for the studio, with studio member input.
- Review and advocate for individual studio members’ professional development plans
- Actively participate in the marketing and business development processes
- Help develop and participate in proposal preparation, presentations, and interviews in conjunction with marketing staff
- Seek out and develop business development opportunities/leads, creating and monitoring marketing and business development plans
- Represent Firm at studio market’s professional and trade organizations
- Hold and manage relationships with current Firm clients
- Be responsible for coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution
- Coordinate overall scheduling and staffing of studio projects, including backlog.
- Incorporate applicable construction techniques, and sequences in various projects, including all aspects of cross disciplines
- Review fees and determine scope of project.
- Manage the financial performance of studio projects to ensure adherence to budgets
- Oversee and prepare studio projects’ proposals and contracts
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a healthcare design professional with a Bachelor of Architecture or equivalent
- Registered as a licensed architect
- Extensive experience in design and management of projects, specifically system-based and/or complex healthcare projects
- Established network of healthcare relationships
- Knowledge of estimating project needs and capable of translating them into budget hours/costs
- Ability to monitor the budget of a task or series of tasks and make necessary adjustments to keep on budget
- Ability to instill motivation to the team to meet projected milestones and capable of adjusting the procedures to keep the progress on target
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to provide clear direction and instill motivation to a team, both in person and remotely
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel software as well as Adobe software
- Master of Architecture a benefit
- Leadership experience on projects that have won design awards highly desired as is Healthcare-specific design certification (ex. EDAC, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Experience presenting in public and/or private presentations, workshops, etc.