Global client with offices in Seattle is looking to hire an experienced Healthcare Design Principal. The candidate will be joining a firm where every employee, at every level, has the opportunity to mentor talent, influence design, and provide meaningful design answers to clients around the globe.
The focus of this position is two-fold: provide leadership in building the firm’s global healthcare practice and provide leadership in challenging healthcare projects. Initiative, drive, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to stay focused despite changing conditions are key to achieving performance objectives for this role.
The position involves innovation, creativity, and strategy while engaging and inspiring others in the firm. The ability to learn quickly and work with ambiguity is critical. The candidate must be prepared to work and succeed in a collaborative culture, requiring the successful candidate to have the ability to influence others and work independently in the development of the healthcare practice. The work environment is flexible and constantly changing, providing growth opportunity, recognition, and reward.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in the design profession; licensure or certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and think strategically with minimal direction
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfortable with multidisciplinary and multi-cultured design teams in a non-hierarchical organization
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare market, and what it takes to succeed within the landscape of culture, policy, and business
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with potential clients through a deep understanding of their enterprise; proven ability to build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with existing clients
- Ability to provide strategy and vision for proposals and interviews with prospective clients
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to enable teams–internally and externally–to work on and execute market-related projects
- Proven team-building and mentoring expertise