Are you passionate about design? More importantly, are you passionate about designs influence on the world? Does creating spaces that are aspirational, memorable, and unique the reason you started in design? If this is you, my client may be a great place to move your career.
By starting with the dream, creating the design, and delivering the experience, our client is changing the hospitality world. This firm, located in San Francisco and working across the globe, has engaged DBI to find a Senior Designer. The Senior Designer will be responsible for outstanding design ideation, employee mentorship, and oversight of design teams and phases of projects. Someone who is self-directed and not afraid to jump in where needed will move to the front of the line.
Required Work Experience:
- Responsible for the development and realization of project from start to finish.
- Lead project team in conceiving concept and design to meet client program, firm standards and project budget constraints.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all documents alongside project manager, at each project phase.
- Supervise and mentor intermediate and junior designers.
- Review, in collaboration with project manager, all documents to ensure they meet design intent, client’s needs and visions, as well as firm standards.
- Work in tandem with project manager to communicate and review project scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs and project milestones.
- Assist project manager when required, in performing Construction Administration services including but, not limited to site visits, RFI responses, CFA and shop drawing review and approvals, punch lists and, coordination with consultants, manufactures and contractors.
- Observe and communicate design trends within the hospitality market.
- Consistently observe and research how to communicate design intent in a clear and compelling way, i.e. presentation and rendering techniques.
- Attend vendor presentations and inform the team of new and innovative products and/or “must-sees”.
- Participate in new project/new client interviews as required.
- Participate in concept strategy projects, site visits and meetings as required.
- Participate in industry and professional communities and value-added professional associations, maintain active membership (IIDA, ASID, NEWH, etc.).
Requires Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in hospitality design management or related field.
- Strong experience in management and implementation of design concept through to completion while maintaining project schedule and budget.
- Architecture or Interior Design degree, accredited 4 year program.
- NCIDQ certified or AIA licensee.
- Strong time and people management skills with the ability to organize multiple projects across various phases.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and any other industry standard program and/or practice.
- Strong ability to visually and/or verbally communicate design ideas either over teleconference or in-person.
- Is collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides inspiration and mentorship for design studio.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff.