DBI has teamed with an outstanding design fixture manufacturer in Spain with an established East Coast business who is expanding into the West Coast needing to hire a Design Sales Consultant! This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-directed sales professional with a deep understanding of design. The right candidate must be able to completely understand all products to an in-depth, technical level and be able to communicate information to potential clients, including architects, installers, dealers, etc.
A candidate with a deep understanding and knowledge of installation processes, glass fabrication and product limitations is highly desired, but this is a sales role and the ability to close deals, develop relationships, and expand territories is critical. This candidate will be in charge of getting project information from clients, interpreting their needs, and applying our product line for a range of solutions on various project types.
This role will need to travel to Spain 1-2 times per year for new product updates and collaboration so the right candidate will need a passport.
- Visiting local architects, contractors, clients to drive brand awareness
- Supporting dealer network with training, project questions, presentation support, etc.
- Tracking projects in their respective territories and feeding them to the correct installer/dealer
- Reporting on industry trends and competitors
- Site visits during installations to help with new installers
- Technical service, advice and consulting with a variety of end users (installers, glaziers, dealers, architects, homeowners, etc.)
- Understand product limitations and strengths to maximize add-on sales and avoid potential issues down the road
- On-Site training for new installers or problem-solving when issues arise
- Project Management (when needed) for first time Installers and troubleshooting
- Review architectural drawings to propose product placement and alternate options
- Recognize opportunities for new products or redesigns of existing products to better fit our market
Required Knowledge, Skills, an Abilities:
- 2+ years of architectural product sales experience
- A good understanding and knowledge of installation processes, glass fabrication and product limitations
- Well-spoken, strong communicator
- Technical comprehension is important as is basic mathematical calculation ability
- Self-driven/self-motivated, Responsible and goal oriented, organized and a team player