DBI has been retained to fill a COO – Architecture Firm Leadership position with an award-winning architecture firm.Our client has over 375 employees in 7 offices around the world.The COO – Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for all business operations through leadership and oversight of a firm-wide practice. This role will report to the CEO.Success in the role will the daily operations of the firm including project delivery, management, and support services. The firm is seeking an exceptional leader experienced in best practices that can continue the progress already made while positioning the practice for continued growth.
- Responsible for leading a team of market and support services leaders comprised of Market Group, Discipline, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Technology, and Sustainability Leaders.
- Assume overall responsibility and accountability for firm-wide operations including revenue and profit goals and all design practices, design responses, and opportunities.
- Attends and participates in Board meetings/presentations regarding firm performance.
- Establishes and leads Operational Leadership Team.
Skill and Background:
- 20+ years of combined practice and operational leadership experience in an exceptional architecture or design firm.
- Demonstrated track record of success in implementing strategic operational concepts to improve design, project quality, and financial performance.
- Prior experience building, leading, and coaching a team of operations and design professionals in a multi-office environment.
- Must have excellent operational and financial management skills with a strong understanding of P/L drivers.
- Exceptional executive presence with a strong understanding and ability to manage multiple complex business issues.Recognized as a key advisor for leadership and capable of setting strategic direction and executing action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills with the ability to build positive and impactful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Licensed or certified design professional with a minimum bachelor’s degree required, MBA would be beneficial.
- Desire and willingness to travel internationally and domestically.
Please follow this link for more information on the opportunity.