JOB OF THE WEEK!
Retail design. Its reach is felt by everyone, in every city, in every country across the planet. DBI’s new client has a need for a Retail Designer who can create the next retail experience. As the way we buy things changes, so must where we buy them. Our client wants your help in defining what that looks like!
Required Work Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of the retail industry, including merchandising, retail business strategy, visual presentation, furniture, fixtures and millwork
- Versed in graphic communication skills including the ability to graphically communicate an idea quickly and effectively
- Able to execute store test fits and feasibility planning, research and select finishes and materials, and create design presentation decks and full schematic drawings including floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, finish plans, and exterior elevations
- Initiate innovative design concepts and leads design development efforts for multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical base including development of well detailed design solutions and familiarity with structural and MEP systems
- Lead, manage and mentor design teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work closely with clients while building trust and loyalty and directs the decision making process related to design
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum 10 years of design office experience in retail, restaurant, and hospitality program-based projects
- Architectural licensure or NCIDQ certification and LEED AP status are strongly preferred
- Graphic and verbal presentation skills including hand sketching required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office a must. Experience with Revit and Sketch-Up a plus