30 Sep Senior Interior Designer – Seattle
Seattle based design firm with an established reputation for innovative and strategic thinking has a need for a Senior Interior Designer to join the firm’s office in downtown Seattle. The firm practices in numerous project types including workplace, commercial, retail, hospitality, residential, and product design. The firm rewards an entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative attitude, and a business-minded perspective.
Required Work Experience for the Senior Interior Designer:
- Proven success exhibiting a high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working on projects through producing multiple options, quickly to facilitate problem solving
- Create client-oriented presentations so they “get it” and “want it”, always driving with design
- Ability to be the firm’s advocate both inside and outside the studio
- Be successful in a vibrant, high-energy environment while being able to successfully change on a regular basis
- Must begin and end with the design, specifically able to design interiors that are spatially oriented and humanistically driven
- Have a holistic approach that considers material, color, texture, lighting, and furniture
- Utilize a strong knowledge of programming techniques and ability to implement them with client and end-user group
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction document production, consultant coordination, and detailing.
- Comfortable with the complexities and fluidity of FF&E
- Ability to be sensitive to project fees, budgets, schedules. Ability to manage design process and supervise workflow of design and production support staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Senior Interior Designer:
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 8 to 10+ years related professional experience
- Proven design experience in similar project types and sizes and team structures
- Experience with and ability to use Revit, AutoCad, In-Design, Photoshop, and Microsoft Word and Excel.