21 Oct Senior Architecture Project Manager
DBI’s longtime client in downtown Seattle has retained us to find a Senior Architecture Project Manager. This candidate needs to be a competent professional architect with experience managing the development and completion complex projects. This role with have overall project responsibility including client relationship, scheduling, budgeting and construction administration and is accountable for the quality of work performed, client service and profitability.
This firm is a true hidden gem. Without pomp or circumstance, this firm is working on the projects that are truly changing Seattle and beyond. This opportunity cannot be missed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Architecture Project Manager Manages large or programmatically complex projects consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
- Engages in business development activities, develops client relationships, leads/coordinates proposal preparation and makes presentations.
- Negotiates contracts with clients; assist in the selection of consultants and negotiate fee and contract arrangements (including additional services).
- Responsible for client monthly billing and managing consultant invoicing and payments for accounts receivable staff.
- Selects project team members, directs and reviews the work of the project team, including other “sub-project” managers as necessary.
- Sets staffing plan and project schedules.
- Manages production efforts and interfaces with clients for overall project execution.
- Assists in collection of past due accounts receivables.
- Responsible for overall project profitability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required for the Senior Architecture Project Manager role.
- Architectural license required.
- Fifteen years or experience as a professional architect, including three years of experience as a Project Manager in a supervisory and personnel management role, with client and contractor interface required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes required.
- Ability to plan and organize the work of others towards defined deliverables and targeted schedules.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to access Revit and AutoCAD work product in an oversight