23 Mar FEATURED JOB: Retail Designer in NYC
Featured Job: Retail Designer in NYC
A top retail design consultancy is searching for a Retail Designer to lead conceptual design for branded environments in their New York City Office. This is an opportunity to work with a small and talented design team to work directly with a diverse client group to help manifest branded space. The firm’s corporate values are rooted in empathy, strategic thinking, and continuous learning.
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related fields.
- 4+ years experience in retail design or other environmental spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for design assignments and the outcomes of projects worked on.
- Completion of specific project design deliverables in the form of presentations, sketches, renderings, and general creative concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of construction methods, details, materials, and codes.
- Previous experience with client management, managing client expectations, and “on the spot” decision making is extremely valuable.
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and appropriately manage time and projects.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in current AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Mac Keynote, and 3D rendering programs.
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and groups to achieve design goals as well as macro-level goals.
- A professional, proactive, and empathetic demeanor.