DBI is working with an outstanding start-up restaurant concept based in New York City hiring a Retail Design Lead. Our client has a well-established 39 units already open; they are looking to grow to 75 and beyond. To do this they need a strong Retail Designer who can be collaborative, goal-focused and professional, leveraging a deep understanding of retail design to move this client to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, highly creative architect with a true passion for placemaking and design that enhances customer experience.
This position will lead and collaborate on both interiors and architectural projects, including concept design, design development, documentation and construction, while playing an important role in client relationships and presenting design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed architect
- Eight years architectural experience in retail a design, QSR a plus
- Excellent communicator with strong presentations skills – written, oral and graphic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture. Must be able to be successful in ambiguous situations and making decisions without all the details to do so
- Revit skills are highly valued
- Development and direction of retail architectural/interior design projects with a focus on brand
- Propensity for problem-solving, creative strategy development and sustainable design
- Exhibit highly skilled conceptual ideation, rendering and graphic presentation
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management