A well established and growing design firm, located in Seattle, Washington, is hiring a Project Manager – High Rise. This firm has contracted with DBI to find and hire a Project Architect to support the firm’s high rise efforts. This firm is unique in their aesthetic and their design approach. With a deep interest in the design philosophies of Asia, and strong European leadership mindset, and a regional understand of the market, this firm is able to leverage different points of view to challenge the obvious design solution, creating something new.
The Project Architect/High Rise will bring a broad based skill set to the role. It will be important to be able to work successfully with every level of the firm. The right candidate will leverage their understanding of advanced techniques, theories, practices, and overall project understanding to success for each project they are a part of. It will also be important that the candidate be able to work independently on complex and varied projects.
Required Work Experience:
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of architects and technicians. Trains and mentors other staff.
- May manage and direct work on small and medium size projects.
- Performs building and zoning code studies and analysis.
- As individual researcher, consultant, or staff specialist, conceives plans and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Regularly contributes in the collaborative effort involved in developing concepts into design solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Architectural registration preferred, not required.
- 5 years minimum of experience in all phases of architecture with exposure to high rise projects.
- Ability to apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the architectural and engineering components of a building and the relationship these components have as part of a building system.
- Thorough knowledge of building and zoning codes.
- Strong verbal, written, graphic, and Auto CADD skills required.
- Proven ability to use leadership and organizational skills as well as strong technical and/or design ability to ensure project teams meet goals for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to look for opportunities to bring about positive firm-wide changes in support of business goals.