Featured Job: Principal Architect in Orange County
DBI is partnering up with a well-established firm based out of San Jose that is looking to expand their market reach. The firm is currently seeking a highly talented Principal-level individual to lead their Orange County office.
These newly created leadership position will be responsible for managing their office, will report directly to the President, and will have stock opportunities within this established architectural design firm. He/she will be responsible for helping the firm expand its presence in education, commercial and civic architectural commissions throughout California. Must have the mind of a creative strategist, the personality to network with prospective clients, and significant experience in the design of public and private facilities.
Required Work Experience:
- Licensed Architect with 10+ years of related experience in public and private educational and commercial design and/or field experience. Department of the State Architect (DSA) experience is required.
- Experience in OPSC and State Grant Qualifications and Funding including CTE, HPI and FLS Grants and Joint Use Funding.
- Experience in Programming, Schematic Design and presentations to Boards of Education, Community partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Traditional Project Delivery, Design Build and Lease-Lease Back Delivery methods and related contract administration.
- Proven management of staff, human resources and project schedules, budgets and profitability.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A strong, likable presence and interpersonal communication skills.
- Key ties to the communities identified above through partnerships with local organizations and politics.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong design skills utilizing software like SketchUp, Revit, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Strong verbal skills for presentations.
- Strong proposal and letter writing skills.
- Intelligent, collaborative and articulate.
- Ability to balance a broad scope of activities.
- Strong management and leadership skills.