Featured Job: FEATURED JOB: Project Manager Mixed Use/Highrise in Los Angeles, CA
The question has power; the solution has impact. This is the way forward for DBI’s new client based in Los Angeles. Our client is hiring a Project Manager for a mixed use high rise project in LA. The project will be an iconic part of L.A.’s skyline and is located blocks from the firm’s downtown office.
The ideal candidate will be a personable and engaging leader, with 10 – 15 years of high rise residential experience. You will know how to put a building together, and how to manage a highly collaborative and innovative team. You will be adept at interacting with the client/consultants/contractors, and handling all project planning and scheduling activities. You will be detail oriented, excellent with staffing and project budgeting and will ideally be able to access drawings as needed for review in Revit. Degree and Professional licensure in Architecture or Engineering along with LEED Accreditation is foundational for the success of our ideal Residential High Rise Project management candidate.
Responsible for leading and directing the project team in all aspects of our professional services while maintaining liaison between the project team, the client, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project. Oversee and manage all activities of the project including client and contract requirements, project planning and schedule, staffing needs and hour requirements to achieve the quality and profit goal expectations of the Company. Preference will be given to candidates who possess a solid background in high-rise development in the State of California and an understanding of City of Los Angeles Department of Building & Safety parallel plan check process and Performance Base Design.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services proposal process and in negotiating the Owner/Architect Agreement
- Lead and direct all phases of a project including programming, schematic design, design development, construction document and construction administration
- Services in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Contract Agreement
- Lead and direct all activities of the project including the following:
- Prepare and implement the standard project planning and monitoring process
- Lead team activities to meet the client and project scope requirements as established in the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Identify and secure, prior to doing the work, additional service fees for activities outside the Owner/Architect Agreement and any previously approved work requiring changes
- Manage all activities relating to the project and interface with the project team, clients, contractors, consultants and all authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage overall project schedule and develop, coordinate and manage short-term schedules and tasks with project team
- Establish and monitor discipline hour budgets and staffing needs with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the profit goals established
- Secure all owner required data for specification development, bidding requirements, contract forms, conditions of contract and Division 1 General Requirements
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet the established Company policies and procedures for quality
- Manage the bidding and construction administration phase in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge in the post-construction evaluation process when requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Professional Licensure
- LEED Accredited preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organization skills
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations. • Very detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Possess strong business acumen
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner
- Computer literate