S & T Studio Lead in Washington D.C.
DBI has been hired as a strategic partner, supporting a global client to fill an opportunity in their Washington D.C. office. Our new client is a design firm driven by idea that spaces should inspiring always, enrich in multiple ways, and the human is the starting point of it all.
This exciting firm is looking a Science and Technology Studio Leader. Building from the studio, this role will be an integral part of the firm’s global practice. The right individual will be motivated by complexity of this role, its opportunity to leader and build a practice, its push for design excellence, business development opportunity, global collaboration, and its high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial independence.
This candidate will develop the Washington, D.C. Science and Technology (S+T) Studio. The Studio is an integrated team of architectural and engineering professionals that compete and operate at the highest levels.
The Studio Leader sets the general direction and strategy for Studio activities such as business development, target clients, client relationships, and advocacy for design excellence. In addition, this role will assist in building laboratory planning and design specific expertise as the studio grows.
Required Work Experience:
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to consistently win work and assist teams in profitably delivering design excellence and client satisfaction
- Provide leadership and management necessary for the development and growth of the studio
- Clearly demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills
- Develop and implements strategic objectives in concert with the corporate practice balanced score card and the office objectives and making sure the corporate practice and studio objectives are met
- Provide leadership on key projects as the Principal-in-Charge and as designer, programmer, planner or building type expert
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations regarding the studio’s primary activities, strategic objectives, guidelines, quality, standards and principles
- Lead/coordinate communication efforts within assigned studio and between other studio leaders
- Participation in national practice forums, and presentations at regional and national conferences
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 15 years related experience preferred and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the AE Industry
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction and technical competence
- Strong leadership abilities in the areas of business development, professional and civic involvement
- Successful track record of winning work in Science teaching and R&D facilities for University
- Registration as a licensed architect
- Certification as a LEED- AP/GA and/or commitment to achieve certification within 6 months of accepting the position