DBI is working with an influence and growing general contracting firm in Seattle, Washington, helping them to hire a strong Senior Construction Project Manager. Our client firm works across General Contracting and Construction Management to Design-Build and Consulting.
The Senior Construction Project Manager role will oversee the planning, organizing, managing, and controlling projects across the firm. This role will also manage the entirety of the construction project. This includes business development, pre-construction, construction, occupancy, closeout, and building operations.
Required Work Experience:
- Background in all aspects of the project: Schedule, Budget, Quality, etc.
- Responsible for identifying, growing, and maintain strong customer relationships including client, tenants, architects, engineers, PM and subcontractors
- Oversee the work load of each project engineer and provide assignments to develop staff to full potential
- Work with management and other firm groups to provide timely and accurate cost information, review and monitor projects for potential risks, establish planning with team to mitigate and minimize
- Overall responsibility for project manager, project engineer and project coordinator duties, this includes support and coordinate with superintendent on project requirements in the field
- Research, strategize and set all financial terms in proposals with Partners approval, responsible for establishing bidding strategies for the projects
- Will prepare all Owner/Venture contracts and work to meet project performance goals
- Attend all Project Start-Up Meetings
- Lead all OAC Meetings
- Approve all overtime and extra work expenditures for subcontractors and monitor Field Superintendent’s performance
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management, years of experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
- Ten years of direct experience, experience managing projects required
- Experience with healthcare, biotech, and high-rise office preferred
- Proven leadership and management skills, including strong planning and negotiation skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines, and work collaboratively lead teams