DBI is working with an exciting, growing firm in Seattle. The need is for a very self-directed and self-aware Project Architect. The right candidate will have experience with mixed-use housing project in the Seattle area. They will need to bring a blend of technical and design skill to the role as well as an understanding of how to manage the two successfully.
This is the perfect role for the Project Manager who wants exposure beyond the project. Client meetings, mentoring staff, designing, and programming are all important responsibilities for this job.
Required Work Experience:
- Experience in type 5 over type 1 apartment/mixed-use building
- Confidence in their own skill with a wiliness and ability to share and mentor that knowledge to the larger firm
- A strong design skill is needed in this role
- Comfortable with understanding the bigger picture, how things work, how the firm runs as a business and the correlation between effort and business
- Ability to take on, and complete successfully, and project; big or small
- Proven success in balancing multiple projects at a time
- Proficient in working both independently and collaboratively
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of strong Project Architect experience
- Has seen a project through all phases at least once
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Background in Construction Administration
- Strong Written, verbal, and graphic communication skill