04 Oct Job of the Week: Interior Architect, Seattle
A well-established and growing design firm, located in Seattle, Washington, has contracted with DBI to find and hire an Interior Architect. This firm is unique in their aesthetic and their design approach. With a deep interest in meeting and exceeding the design needs of the client, and with deep regional connections, this firm is able to leverage different points of view to challenge the obvious design solution, creating something new.
The Interior Architect will have a generalist background with a strong technical skill. The ability to work successfully in all phases of projects and with projects of all sizes will be critical to success in this role.
Required Work Experience:
- Proven success working in all project phases to include: scheduling, planning, design, specifications, and working drawings
- Ability to flow between projects of all sizes and complexity without losing momentum, accuracy, or focus on design and design solutions
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment as well as being self-directed.
- Must have the ability to be client focused. This includes meeting with clients regularly to review project goals and objectives as well as communicate design intent. It then goes beyond this into anticipation of what the clients and needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Architecture Degree
- 8+ years of experience in all phases of interior architecture and project management, working on complex project types
- A thorough knowledge of interior architecture from a design aspect as well as a technical aspect. Key to success will be a great design aesthetic with a sound “behind the wall” solution
- A thorough knowledge of building codes is desired
- An understanding of CAD is a must, Revit is a nice to have
- Excellent verbal, written, and , skills
To learn more, or to apply, click here: https://dbifirm.crelate.com/portal/job/d45vzxfjmi3-700250