25 Mar Japanese Language Senior Project Manager – Urban Planner
Outstanding global design firm is hiring a Japanese Language Senior Project Manager – Urban Design Architect into their Portland office!
Are you inspired by the charge that design should enhance human performance, well-being, and that the influences of the physical environment should be the core of design solutions?DBI’s new client has been awarded the No. 1 ranking architecture firm by Architect Magazine.With offices across the United States and Canada, this firm is developing world class urban environments.
TheJapanese Language Senior Project Manager – Urban Design is the hub of all project activity.The right candidate will balance time between project teams, the client relationship, and oversight of budgets, scheduling, and other operational duties.
Our client has retained DBI to hire a Japanese Language Senior Project Manager – Urban Design in their Portland office. This job is unique in the fact that it will focus on urban design projects in Japan! This is an outstanding opportunity to support Urban Development in one of the most progressive urban countries in the world.
Required Work Experience:
- To succeed, the candidate will leverage an Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Design degree
- The candidate must be a creative problem solver with well-rounded design skills and the ability to work independently, learn fast, and balance multiple projects, often with short schedules and quick deadlines
- A willingness with stretch and work in Japan, this takes a great deal of self-drive and the ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to illustrate urban planning and design concepts graphically in a clear and effective manner
- Organizational and critical thinking skills to create materials for engaging and creative presentations through storytelling
- This role will provide graphics, design, and overall team support for urban design and master planning projects that encompass mixed-use developments, multi-family and high-rise residential, major institutional, and cutting-edge technology clients
- Fluency speaking and writing in Japanese is a required skill set for this position.
- 4-10 years of experience working as an Urban Designer or Architect with project management and client facing experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and 3D Max.