The Hospitality Director of Design and Planning in Chicago supports this hospitality leader’s strategic product growth in adherence to the organization’s brand standards to ultimately drive company return.
The individual contributes a high level of knowledge and skill. The main goal is to support the Design & Planning function for the domestic design and construction of hotels. Working with considerable independence, the Director of Design develops and drives delivery plans and related process for the department in line with the organization’s broader business objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Design and Planning, this role supports the delivery planning and design with the goal of influencing and informing the delivery of best-in class hotel design. Success is measured in the property’s relevance to the local market and in guest experience. This role will support the projects through all stages of the design and construction process from feasibility assessment through design, construction and delivery to our local operating teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Represents the Design & Planning function internally and externally with senior stakeholders and representatives
- Partners with department leaders to promote the Design & Planning to potential and existing owners / franchisees and promote development opportunities
- Partner with the region’s development team to provide functional expertise on project assessment and feasibility activities, encompassing the review of projects and properties that may be considered for acquisition, management or franchise
- Presents to senior leaders and owners to gain their support and approval of recommendations
- Provide leadership, management direction and guidance to relevant internal and external team members to ensure they have the necessary information to complete their responsibilities effectively
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President and leadership to understand the company’s investment goals, brand strategies, and standards for each Hotel project
- Ensure that standard processes and documentation are in place to effectively hand over responsibilities to other parties
- Monitor processes and documentation for continued relevance and improvement
- Degree in Architecture/ ID with professional qualification in Architecture and/ or Interior Design
- 12 years progressive experience in architecture, design and construction and at least 10 years involving hospitality projects, majority in the luxury segment
- Excellent business acumen and track record
- Strong leadership ability with strategic view
- All aspects of hospitality design and planning
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, influencing, and communications skills
If this job is your next career step, send us your information here.