Featured Job: Higher Education Studio Lead in San Diego
The question has power; the solution has impact. This is the way forward for DBI’s new client based in San Diego. Our client is hiring a Higher Education Studio Lead. This candidate will be responsible for leading the Studio in all applicable aspects of the Firm’s Strategic Plan.
This role will be responsible for leading the Studio in all applicable aspects of the firm’s strategic plan, will oversees studio activities, including client and project commitments with a primary focus on new business development and client maintenance. The Studio Leader responsibilities also include managing client and project pursuits, project profit goals, and fee/contract negotiations to achieve the goals and objectives set by Corporate Leadership on behalf of the Firm.
Required Work Experience:
- Responsible for coordinating the efforts in the Studios to include: the development of the Studio’s marketing plan, leading the process for locally implementing the Studio’s marketing plan, including strategic planning, positioning, business development, sales and revenue tracking
- Oversight of the annual marketing budget for the Studio
- Will establish and maintain a strong presence for the studio in San Diego
- Oversight of PIC project activities, including: the development, negotiation and implementation of the professional services proposal/contract process; establishing project service delivery requirements, hour allocations, team structure and project schedule commitments; and project profit goals
- Will serve as one of the Firm’s main participants and spokespersons with prospective clients, professional organizations and the public, playing a lead role in the marketing of the Firm’s professional services. This includes participating in positioning activities, including presenting and representing the Firm at conferences and seminars, publishing articles, and networking with individuals and professional organizations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional Bachelor’s Level Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Professional Licensure
- LEED Accredited preferred
- Minimum fifteen years’ professional experience with five years in business development in Higher Education sector
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork; excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees, that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner