27 Jan FEATURED JOB: Senior Project Manager (Public Safety)
Featured Job: Senior Project Manager (Public Safety)
Outstanding 35+ person, Seattle area architecture and interior design firm, is seeking to fill an outstanding Public Safety Practice Builder/Leader. This firm, housed in their own award-winning LEED Platinum studio, has high design quality and sustainability as the cornerstones of their practice.
The right candidate will work closely with project teams on one or more projects within the Public Safety studio. This opportunity allows for unfettered exposure to upper management, and influence across the larger firm. It will be important that the candidate be able to take on the mantle of leader, and all that that means in a small firm.
Required Work Experience:
- Foster and maintain collaborative professional relationships with project teams
- Maintaining client relationships throughout projects, keeping client apprised of project progress regularly
- Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues
- Participate/leads client presentations
- Develop fee proposals; monitor project status relative to fee and contract
- Plans, organizes and manages project, provide on-going communication through team meetings/minutes to project team
- Mentorship of staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 15 years and maximum 20 years of progressive experience on public sector projects with an emphasis working with public safety clients, in particular – fire departments, law enforcement, and 911 dispatch and communication agencies.
- Well rounded experience including all phases of professional architectural services – programming and planning, design, detailing, project budgeting, permitting, consultant coordination, client management, and construction administration.
- Ability to manage and lead teams, collaboratively, to develop innovative design solutions
- Strategic thinker who is able to find simple solutions to complex issues
- Individual must have aptitude for business development and relationship building, comfortable speaking at national and regional conferences, and possess an interest in writing articles for publication in industry trade journals; outgoing; forward thinking.
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and graphic; ability to communicate design concepts clearly with clients.
- LEED accreditation highly desired