Top retail design firm is seeking a Project Architect for their Minneapolis or Columbus office. This firm is committed to improving revenue and profits for national and global retail and multi-unit food brands. They hire innovative thinkers that thrive on working closely with talented co-workers to deliver great results. Company values are centered on open, ego-less communication and the growth and development of employee skills.
The project architect is a heavily collaborative role that provides training, assistance, and direction within a team to produce a complete set of architectural documents. There are numerous client facing roles with this opportunity and candidates are strongly encouraged to develop their management and client management skills as they grow in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working on architectural design components and the production of construction documents requiring intermediate experience and design knowledge.
- Ability to understand and apply client requirements, code requirements, standards, and site adjustments.
- An increasing amount of client relationship management and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of a team including architects, designers, engineers, etc. Sharing knowledge and training others in your discipline is an expectation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Architecture
- 6 years experience in Architecture and documentation experience
- Professional registration
- LEED AP preferred
- Some exposure to project management preferred
- Experience working with projects in industries such as restaurant, retail, petroleum/convenience store preferred
To learn more about the position and to apply, please submit your resume/CV to our team at jobs[at]dbifirm[dot]com. Please use the line: Project Architect, Retail (775).