16 Jul Featured Job: Project Architect-Retail Design
DBI has been retained by a large local firm to find outstanding Project Architect talent. This firm has a need in its Global Retail practice group. The desired candidate must be a creative and organized architect with a background in performing architectural design and development work for projects. The retail work will specifically involve construction of new buildings and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities.
Seattle is fortunate to have so many opportunities to influence the global retail market, and our client is the best in the business. If you are looking for a role that is local in location, but global in influence; this may be the role for you.
Required work experience
- Success in identifying objectives and formulates options for retail clients. This includes conceptualizing total project and establish key work priorities for development of design, scheduling and budgeting.
- Experience in creating designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for projects; initiates and develops design and construction documents for projects.
- Must be comfortable interpreting design concepts by partnering with Senior Designer and translates them into workable construction systems; evaluates alternatives to develop solutions; maintains quality technical and design control.
- Will coordinates, and lead, the work of architecture and interior design staff that complete design or production work, and construction documents.
- Maintains records to document phases of client/architect/contractor relationship and activities.
- Comfort working with client to confirm objectives and formulate options; may prepare and conduct design and technical presentations for team and/or clients.
- Open to domestic or international travel to visit clients and/or project sites
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as an architect, retail experience required.
- Architectural license desired.
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes.
- CADD proficiency required; hand sketching ability preferred.
- Minimum two years previous supervisory and personnel management desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
To learn more about this position and apply, please submit your resume / CV to Dawnielle Owens by email at: dawnielle [at] dbifirm [dot] com.