Featured Job: Creative Director | Los Angeles
On the cutting edge of how the world defines Hospitality Design, this globally renowned design firm is seeking a Creative Director of Hospitality Interior Design. Setting the standard of five star Hospitality design, this firm is the world’s leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries.
Our client offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. The firm’s projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The Creative Director will focus on building the hospitality/F&B studio line. Responsibilities encompass the development of client and practice strategies, market positioning and design leadership.
Required Work Experience:
- Ability to direct teams in all phases of hospitality architectural projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project design, project objectives and project requirements
- Proven knowledge and application of current trends, clients and hospitality market brands
- Capable of leveraging existing relationships for business development and establishing new connections
- Strong hotel or restaurant planning and programming skills
- Proven leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Experience working with Hospitality or Restaurant clients, including Brand management, A&C teams and developers
- Strong understanding of, and ability to oversee, architectural and interior design package deliverables consistent with industry standards
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be articulate and convincing in interviews and other presentations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Design or Architecture
- 15+ years of related experience including recent comprehensive experience on hospitality or F&B projects
- Proficiency in hand rendering and sketching skills, including InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp. Working knowledge of Revit is a plus, but not required
- Versatile, self-motivated and articulate
- Licensed Architect or Interior Designer preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred