10 Jun Architecture Senior Project Manager – Portland, OR
DBI is recruiting a talented Architecture Senior Project Manager for a new client in Portland, Oregon brings a deep history of simplicity, efficiency, and beauty. Supporting four primary market sectors: academic, civic + cultural, commercial, and aviation + transit, our client is able to provide architectural services, interior design, planning, sustainable design, and historic preservation.
This approach has resulted in more than 50 design awards, including national, regional, and local recognition. In the past year, this firm has designed some of their largest, most sustainable projects to date.
Our client has retained DBI to hire a Senior Project Architect.The right candidate will be a highly skilled project architect.This role is responsible for developing design solutions, project details and technical alternatives. Project architects are expected to translate the design direction of a project into a thoughtfully crafted expression of the design goals and programmatic requirements, while reflecting the firm’s core values and fostering our collaborative culture.
- Project development, regulatory coordination, and leading development of design and technical aspects of projects through construction documents and construction
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting design and technical solutions in a client context
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- LEED Accredited
- Evidence of strong design, organizational, and technical skills
- Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills, including hand sketching ability
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Bluebeam
- Experience leading design and documentation efforts on a minimum of two $10 million-plus projects (these projects must have been completed in Revit)
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions
- Excellent time management, project planning, and communication