DBI’s new client in Portland, Oregon is hiring an Architecture Senior Project Manager. Our client brings a deep history of simplicity, efficiency, and beauty to all that they do. Supporting four primary market sectors: academic, civic + cultural, commercial, and aviation + transit, our client is able to provide architectural services, interior design, planning, sustainable design, and historic preservation at the highest level, throughout the Pacific Northwest.
This approach has resulted in more than 50 architecture design awards, including national, regional, and local recognitions. In the past year, this firm has designed some of their largest, most sustainable architecture projects to date.
Our client has retained DBI to hire an Architecture Senior Project Manager. The right candidate will be a highly skilled project manager. This role is responsible for developing design solutions, project details and technical alternatives. Project manager are expected to translate the design direction of a project into a thoughtfully crafted expression of the design goals and programmatic requirements, while reflecting the firm’s core values and fostering our collaborative culture.
- Project development, regulatory coordination, and leading development of design and technical aspects of projects through construction documents and construction
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting design and technical solutions in a client context
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 10-15 years of relevant architecture experience
- LEED Accredited
- Evidence of strong design, organizational, and technical skills
- Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills, including hand sketching ability
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Bluebeam
- Experience leading design and documentation efforts on a minimum of two $10 million-plus projects (these projects must have been completed in Revit)
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions
- Excellent time management, project planning, and communication